SERVPRO of Elgin / Northwest Kane County & DeKalb County
The Construction Technician is responsible for providing construction services as required on small construction projects. Although they are not responsible for producing large jobs, depending on their skill set, they may perform some or all of the following: rough and finish carpentry, drywall, paint, prefinished hardwood, and laminate flooring. Additional skill set assets would include: tile, carpet, roofing, plumbing, electrical, and hvac. They are responsible for delivering a high quality of construction and service in all dealings with customers, clients, subcontractors, resource providers, and company employees involved in managing construction services. In addition, they may be called upon to assist managing larger projects with a Superintendent, i.e. making calls to subcontractors and performing quality control.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Customer Satisfaction
- Compile and resolve punch list items.
- May assist or perform final walk-through with customer.
- Secure a signed Certificate of Completion and Certificate of Satisfaction from customer.
- Customer Communication
- May attend pre-construction meeting with customer
- Provide project updates (daily narrative) to Construction Coordinator in electronic format
- As requested, communicate information to customer and in turn update Construction Coordinator with all responses
- Construction Management
- Schedule project with Construction Manager/Construction Coordinator.
- Assist with managing subcontractors
- Pick up and deliver material supplies and/or manage material deliveries.
- Ensure all work performed complies with the plans, specifications, local codes, and requirements of the scope of work.
- Document all project activities including photos, job diary, and signing documents using the Manage IT Mobile app.
- Assist in managing and producing change orders.
- Subcontractor/Resource Provider Management on large projects
- Maintain quality standards through site inspections.
- Provide evaluation and rating of all vendors and subcontractors.
- Coordinate inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Cost Control and Schedule Adherence
- Ensure material suppliers deliver exactly what was purchased.
- Assist in confirming budget is reasonable and adequate
- Perform construction services within budget
- Help ensure subcontractors complete all work in accordance with their purchase orders
- Validate schedule and progress.
- Identify areas outside of contracted scope of work.
Necessary Experience and Skill Set
- Superb customer service track record
- Effective written and oral communication
- Basic math skills
- Experience in restoration and/or construction preferred
- Knowledge and skills to perform construction services as needed
- High school diploma/GED
Physical and Work Environment Requirements
Walking and/or standing throughout the day. Some heavy lifting of materials. Some driving and sitting. Occasionally climbing ladders. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme conditions such as heat. The noise level in the work environment and jobsites can be loud. The employee is exposed to power tools and other machinery.
Normal Working Hours, Additional Working Hours, and Travel Requirements
This is a full-time position, working 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m., Monday–Friday, 40 hours per week. This position occasionally requires long hours (beyond 8 hours a day), working on-call, and weekend work in support of emergency services. Travel is required and is primarily local. However, some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Job Type: Full-time / Part Time
Pay: Competitive salary based on experience.
If you would like to apply, call 1-847-697-8500 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org