Finance Manager – Full-time Exempt
Salary: $65,000 per year DOQ
The Fox River Valley Public Library District has an opening for a hands-on Finance Manager who is responsible for managing and maintaining all financial and accounting operations. If you’re looking for a management job with challenge and variety, we’d love to meet you.
Essential functions of this job include:
- Manages cash investments in accordance with Library District policy.
- Performs financial management duties, including generating financial data, compiling, and submitting reports, analyzing industry trends, and assessing the financial health of the library.
- Responsible for preparing the annual operating and capital budget, appropriation, and levy.
- Responsible for preparing, reviewing, and analyzing all monthly and quarterly Library District financial reports.
- Ensure required state and federal tax filings are submitted on a timely basis.
- Provides day-to-day leadership and management for the Finance department that mirrors the mission and culture of the Library.
Current benefits include:
- Four weeks of vacation time, twelve sick days, three personal days, annually
- Holidays in accordance with our annual paid holiday schedule
- Health, dental, life insurance
- IMRF defined-benefit pension
Education required: Bachelor’s degree with coursework in accounting, business, finance, public administration, or a closely related field and experience with complex budgets and financial management. MBA and/or CPA preferred.