PADS of Elgin, is looking for a Grant and Reporting Manager. The Grant and Reporting Manager is crucial to the organization’s ability to apply for grant funding and secure financing. The Grants and Reporting Manager provides support for all stages of the grant process. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Grants and Reporting Manager identifies funding opportunities and their requirements, prepares budgets and proposal templates, organizes files, and handles reporting requirements.
Our organization offers employees the opportunity to join a team where there is an employee benefits program, management engagement, quality leadership, and an atmosphere of teamwork. We actively strive to channel our highly engaged employee’s knowledge, critical thinking, and innovative solutions for our clients.
PADS of Elgin is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and the candidates we represent.
· Research and identify grant opportunities.
· Timely reporting for monthly, quarterly, and year-end financials and service reports.
· Identify potential funding opportunities that align with our mission, maintain detailed proposal files, and develop templates to improve the grant application process and ensure compliance with all regulations and guidelines.
· Keep accurate records and ensure timely submission of grant proposals, and reports. Submit timely reports to funders.
· Process new grant awards, within 30 days from receipt of funding package.
· Independently research applicable regulations, policies, and guidance documents for grants management issues (pre-award, post-award, allowable costs, audits, etc.).
· Attend meetings associated with assigned grants/cooperative agreements. Attend meetings and training associated with grants management responsibilities.
· Respond to requests for data promptly.
· Perform various day-to-day duties as required in support of the grants.
· Establish and organize grantee files, including accounting and financial data.
· Establish standards and operating procedures to guide the administration of grant budgeting.
· Formulate and develop grant-based budgets in collaboration with the Executive Director.
· Work with the Bookkeeper and Executive Director to provide backup support related to Audits and Grant Reporting.
· Other duties as assigned.
· At least 5 years of experience in grant reporting, development and management, preferably in the nonprofit field.
· Grants management certificate preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Expertise in Federal Grants.
· Handle multiple tasks or projects at one-time meeting assigned deadlines.
· Excellent analytical skills, initiative, problem-solving, and project management skills.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment, ensuring timely and compliant submission of grant proposals and reports.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to provide guidance and support in preparing grant proposals.
· Exceptional organizational skills to support the grants process, including tracking deadlines, compiling documents, and coordinating with multiple stakeholders.
· Proficiency in relevant software tools (Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and HMIS) to efficiently create and manage grant proposal materials and related documents.
· Thorough knowledge of nonprofit accounting and grant management procedures.
Commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Elgin, IL 60123: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Grant writing: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: In person