Welcoming Center Community Outreach Counselor
CENTRO DE INFORMACION Carpentersville, IL, USA
$30,000 to $33,000 Annually
To provide bilingual/bicultural advocacy and referral services by telephone, in person appointments, and participation in community events.
About the agency:
Centro de Información is a 501c3 non-profit organization with offices in Elgin, Carpentersville and Hanover Park. The mission of Centro de Información is to empower Hispanics with the ability to effectively integrate into our greater community through the facilitation of information, education, citizenship and well-being. Centro provides immigration and naturalization services, employment aid, an emergency food pantry, educational seminars, public benefits outreach and advocacy and more. Centro has been serving in the community since 1972 and serves over 7,000 clients each year.
This position will serve as part of an Illinois Welcoming Center (IWC) Team at Centro. IWC is a comprehensive service center for the integration of immigrants and refugees in Illinois. Since 2007, IWC strives to help immigrants navigate state services through a community-based service model.
Each office location (Elgin, Carpentersville and Hanover Park) is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
To learn more about Centro, go to www.centrodeinformacion.org.
Duties / Functions:
- Plan and conduct outreach to community residents and raise awareness of Centro’s services.
- Meet with individuals who come to Centro, assess their needs, and provide referrals and/or advocacy to resolve presenting issues.
- Maintain up-to-date information regarding clients and services provided in the agency database and project database and pull together monthly reports based on the data.
- Establish and develop relationships and collaborative efforts with other organizations in the community.
- Plan, schedule, and publicize group information and outreach events.
- Represent Centro de Información at funder-sponsored meetings and events.
- Participate in agency outcomes measurement making sure that seminar surveys and client feedback is incorporated and addressed.
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Report to Welcoming Center case manager who oversees Welcome Center team members at each of Centro’s three office locations.
- Some college required.
- Experience in working with the Latino community.
- General knowledge of community resources and the Latino community
- Proficient in MS Office programs
- Bilingual Spanish/English
Company address: 3036 Wakefield Drive, Carpentersville, IL 60110
Posted date: yesterday